Wednesday, October 1, 2014

8 things all girls should have...


This entire blog post is about a fantastic list that I found on my Twitter account.  http://funnzoo.com/site/post/502


The thing I like most about this list is that it is not a list of materialist things that you purchase at high end salons or fashion boutiques.  These items are begotten, they are earned , they are achieved.  Young women (and men for that matter) are looking for affiliation and inclusion in their social groups through their sense of style and personality.  What this list expresses to young adults is the most important thing that you can put on everyday is what ever makes you feel your best.  
Take the example of the perfume.  When I was in high school, I always wore Liz Claibourne perfume that came in a yellow triangle bottle.  ( I understand that you young peeps have no idea about this product, but it was the rage, I promise).  Anyway, if there was another girl who wore that specific fragrance, she may encounter a comment such as "Oh, that is Sara's favorite".  Which rarely was taken very kindly by the person on the receiving end.  But, that fragrance was as known to me as my red hair--inseparable.  And , I never left home without it.  More importantly than the actual fragrance or the type of bottle it came in, was how that made me feel.  I loved the compliments that I received when I wore that fragrance, and I loved how I felt when I wore it.  I felt beautiful.  Now, at the beginning of the post, I said you couldn't purchase the items on this list, they had to been earned.  You technically can purchase perfume, bracelets, and sunglasses to give you that look or scent that makes you, you.  But the real point here is about becoming the person that you want to be.  With the attributes on this list, making friends and the social awkwardness of middle school mayhem will fall away.  


That is what this list is trying to do for young people.  Help them find the things to make them feel beautiful, make them feel strong, make them feel empowered, and make them feel powerful.  

1 comment:

  1. Let me see the song for sure the one go to frien, confidence, self respect and over course some good smelling parfume

    ReplyDelete