Monday, July 8, 2013

Welcome to Middle School

Beginning middle school can be an anxious situation for most students.  But, now I am experiencing those feelings along with all of those students as well.  After 20 years in social work, and 10 years in alternative education, this fall I am making the leap to a regular education setting. A middle school with hormones, girl drama, sports programs, and PTAs.  All new things to me, half the staff, and the majority of the students walking through those doors in Mid-August. 
Our district is completing the final steps of a reorganization and transition process.  This fall we will open 6 middle school and 3 high schools with new staff members, new administrators, and new policies and procedures.  So, it seemed like the perfect time for me to jump into the middle school game. 
This blog is going to be my adventure in babysitting, I mean, middle school antics that come our way.  Join me for the ride that will be known as Braces, Bullies, and BFFs, the mischievious middle school mayheim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment